Happy Friday everyone! I can't get enough of cookies! There have been so many cookie recipes lately. I can't really get enough of them, however I never thought to do a traditional cookie but make it vegan friendly. If you aren't vegan then that's ok, you can use unsalted butter and regular chocolate chips instead of margarine and dairy-free chocolate.
Also, I have to say these cookies are very...cake-like. So they will be a nightmare to get off the baking sheet. Be patient and just make sure that you wait until the tray goes cold, then remove them.
Recipe: Makes 24 cookies (Adapted from Mom on Time Out)
- 240g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 120g golden caster sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 180g dairy free chocolate chips* (or regular chocolate chips)
- 50g margarine (or unsalted butter)
*I couldn't find dairy free chocolate chips so I chopped up a slab of chocolate into chunky bits.
- Bowl x 2
- Wire rack
- Handwhisk/Wooden spoon
- Baking sheets lined with silicone paper x 4 (Or just use two and wait for each sheet to cool down)
1)Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2)Cream the margarine, bananas, and sugars together and super light and fluffy.
3)Stir in the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until just combined.
4) Add the chocolate and pop in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm.
5)Preheat your oven to 375f/GM 5/190C
6) Roll the dough into 1 inch little balls and place on a baking trays.
7) Bake for 10 minutes or until they turn a light brown.
8) Let the cookies cool on they tray for about 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
9)Eat like a boss.
Happy Friday Peeps!