It's only 3 more days until Christmas!
I'm hoping that all of you have finished all of your Christmas shopping. No last minute panics.
Because the big day is nearly here!
I'm still hoping for a snowy white Christmas, I think I may be dreaming only. So once again thanks to this idea I thought I would make some Yeti Cupcakes.
I think most people know the story of the huge snow coloured ape like creature, that lives on cold snowy mountains, that's what these cupcakes are named after.
Recipe: Cupcakes makes around 18
- 300g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus a little for egg whites
- 125g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250g caster sugar
- 160ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (peppermint, lemon or almond extract works well)
- 3 egg whites
- 100g mini-marshmallows
- Electric hand mixer/mixer
- Bowl x 3
- 12 hole Muffin tray x 2 filled with 18 cupcake cases
1. Preheat oven to 180c/350f/ gas mark 4.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk to the butter mix and beat until the batter is really smooth. Add the flavouring at this stage.
4. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt until stiff but not dry. It should still be shiny but stiff enough to tip the bowl upside down without the contents spilling. (Also avoid tapping the bowl or doing any unnecessary bowl banging, or you’ll lose the air in the egg whites.)
5. Fold in the egg whites into the batter and fold the marshmallows.
6. Spoon the batter into the cupcake cases, filling about 2/3 full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a cake skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool. The cakes may look a bit lumpy and strange but that’s because of the marshmallows.
Recipe: Marshmallow Snow Frosting (Should mask 12 cupcakes generously or 18 if your sparing)
- 3 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 60ml golden syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat proof bowl
- Electric hand mixer
- Saucepan filled with water
- Christmas Themed Decorations. (The edible snowflakes are from the lovely: SugarRobot)
1. In a large heat proof bowl mix the egg whites, sugar, salt and golden syrup until combined.
2. Place the bowl over simmering water and whisk until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is hot. This should take about 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat (be careful as there is a burn risk here!) and beat for 7 minutes until the frosting is cool stiff peaks form. Beat in the vanilla extract.
4.Spread using a spoon as this frosting doesn't hold its shape.
Have a very Merry Christmas and Bake On!