Thursday 17 July 2014

Home-made Raspberry Pink Lemonade

In the last two days its been really hot and humid here in the UK. I was going to do some baking but I found it so stifling and after a day's work, heat can make you so lazy. Instead of cooking, I made lemonade, for the first ever time! I've never thought to make it before! It was a good opportunity and why not? 
Also, I've been super busy planning my graduation ball (party time! woo!) and my actual graduation. I'm so excited and I can't believe its finally happening!! About damn time! I'll be posting pictures on instagram and will maybe do a vain follow-up post for it :D . In the meantime, put your feet-up, relax and sip this easy to make summer drink. 


Recipe:
Makes 4 glasses  (Recipe Adapted from Peggy Porschen Boutique Baking 
·      100ml fresh lemon juice
·      100g caster sugar
·      500ml spring water or filter water
·      60g fresh raspberries  
·      Ice cubes
·      Lemon or lime slices

 Equipment:
·       4 glasses plus pretty straws
·       Juicer
·       Saucepan
·       Sieve
·       Spoon
·       Jug
·       Saucepan
·       Bowl

1. Place the lemon juice, sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. 
2.Simmer until all the sugar has dissolved and set aside to cool.
3. While the lemon liquid is cooling, place the raspberries into a sieve, with a bowl underneath, and pass through using a spoon. You should have a fresh raspberry juice. 
4.Add the raspberry juice to the cooled lemon liquid, mix and serve in glasses with ice and lime. Drink.  


iI'm just so in love with the colour of this. Its bright and vibrant. Perfect summer cooler drink. 
I hope you all have a great weekend in the sun! I'll see you after I graduate WOOO!!!

Bake On! Penny x

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...