Thursday 13 November 2014

Penny's Top Ten Tips #8 Surviving the Gym


Welcome to Penny's Top Ten Tips, its the 8th one! Sorry there has been a bit of a delay with the T.T.T, but lets not hesitate with this one. Lets begin... 

1. Wear something comfortable-
While exercising its best to wear some comfortable shoes, comfort top and trousers, etc. Oh, and a good sports bra really is helpful. No one wants to see your jubblies bouncing around while on the treadmill.

2. Avoid wearing make-up-
Your going to be sweating... do you really want to have a melty make-up face? No. Avoid the slap and go au natural...make-up wise... 

3. Stay hydrated-
Its common sense really. Stay hydrated between exercise.

4. In your gym bag...-
Water, towel, deodorant, a small towel and a mp3, if your a podcast/music lover.

5. Don't be intimidated-
People aren't looking at you or judging you. Get that in your mind. Everyone is at the gym for the same reason-to exercise and improve their health. The best thing to do is to do the step below...

6. Focus on your exercise-
Ignore the other people around you and focus on what your doing. Not what you look like or what your listening to your mp3 player, just on your exercise.

7. Speak to the trainers-
Some gym trainers can be really intimidating. I've been to a gym that has been really supportive, helped me with the machines and gave me some general advice about fitness and so made going to the gym less of a chore. I had to transfer to another gym because I moved, I was given a 5 minute tour and sent on my way... I did not receive another interaction and was given a guest pass to use because I my pass... "was delayed/at the printers/are you sure you've signed up to THIS gym?" I swiftly ended my membership. If you don't feel comfortable chatting to the trainers at the gym or are treated badly? Leave. Its not worth the money.

8. Push yourself (to an extent)-
You'll hear people pushing themselves to get the best out of their exercise and I do agree, to some extent. I do believe in pushing yourself, but if you have a medical problem or back problems then the only one who will suffer is you at the end of the workout.

9. Make a little goal -
Rather than focusing on the end goal, focus on the little goals like beating the number of miles you do while on the bike. If you train yourself to focus on little goals, it will make the gym less tedious and draw attention away from the clock.  

10. Reward yourself-
After you've been to the gym, you will have a mixture of feelings: tired, elated, relieved and proud and maybe some others. My point is, if the gym session was very tiring reward yourself with something a relaxing bath or shower, a face mask or reading a good book. Try and avoid something food related because that can reverse the work you've done at the gym!


Do you gym it? Is it a chore or a pleasure going to the gym?


Bake On! Penny x

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...