Friday 8 May 2015

So, I won an award!

Good Morning everyone! I know its not a Fat Friday post again this week but I have some amazing news. 

Firstly, lets get the bad news out of the way. The reason I haven't been posting very much lately, especially on Fat Fridays is that, I've been very very sick lately and haven't had the energy to bake at home. At college I have been working hard on my centrepiece, which is consuming much of my time at college, so baking time is hard to squeeze in. Also, I've been financially struggling, in terms of buying ingredients to use for JUST for Fat Fridays, rather then just baking for a special occasion. 

Moving onto good news, I've finally moved onto moving video. I've started up two Youtube channels, one of which is my personal Youtube channel for this blog and the other is for my cake business called The Pastry Girls. I'll try to upload whenever I can, much like the blog at the moment. I'm still getting used to the video editing software, so the videos aren't the best but I'm working on them to improve my skills. 

Lastly, I'm very happy to announce that myself and one of my business partners were both nominated for student achievement awards for the Institute of Hospitality (Southern Branch). I'm proud to say that I got second place in 'Hospitality services' and Chloe (business partner) won in her category of 'Food service'! (You can check out my award video submission and Chloes submission video

Congrats Chloe, you deserved it and all your hard work was well deserved! It was a great evening (even though I was coughing and sneezing all over the place.)
That's all the news so far and I'll keep you all posted!
Have a great weekend!
Bake On! Penny x

No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...