Recipe (found in my old notes from a past pastry lesson written on an envelope) Makes around 15 squares
- 218g cold butter
- 312g flour
- 93g sugar
- Carnation caramel x 1 tin
- 438g milk chocolate
- Brownie tin lined with baking parchment
- Palette knife
- Saucepan full of water with a heatproof bowl above it
- Wire Rack
1) Preheat oven to GM 4/ 350F/180C.
2) In a bowl, with your hands rub the cold butter into the flour and sugar until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3) Combine the mixture with your hands and then press as tightly as you can into the brownie tin and bake for 20 minute or until the base is golden. Leave the base to cool completely.
4) Once that base is cooled, spread the carnation caramel over the base evenly with the palette knife. Place the almost completed shortbread in the fridge.
5) Melt the chocolate in the heatproof bowl set above simmering water and stir occasionally.
6)Once the chocolate is completely melted than spread on top of the caramel layer and leave to set.
(Optional step 7) Sprinkle with edible glitter/sprinkles/confetti/whatevers)
Later peeps and happy Friday!