Happy Friday! I love cookies. There have been multiple recipes on this blog dedicated to cookies.
This is some next level cookie-ness! Quite honestly I was just sick of paying for cookie dough desserts, and not really knowing what ingredients go into them. So this recipe now gets made when "cookie munchies" hit.
Enjoy. You are welcome.
Recipe (Adapted from Nadia's Kitchen by Nadia Hussain) Makes 1 large cookie Serves 2 generously or 1 Penny Serving.
- 125g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 85g salted butter, softened
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Bowl x 2
- 8 inch/20cm tart dish
- Wooden Spoon
1) Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into one bowl and set aside.
2) In another bowl, mix the sugar, butter, vanilla and the egg until its completely combined.
3) Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix to create a dough. Mix in those yummy chocolate chips
4)Press the dough into the tart dish to cover the bottom. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes. (Note or do what I did and bake it the next day)
5) Preheat oven to 190c/170c/Gas Mark
6) Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
7) Remove the dish from the oven carefully. The dough will be very soft but its a cookie DOUGH dessert... so thats what you would expect.
8) Serve with ice cream or eat as is!
Have a great weekend!